Patience

Patience. To me is the key in everything that I do. Since I woke up in the morning, when I left home and everything in between untill I am back home. If I encounter a situation that makes me lose my temper, I ask/tell myself 'in situation like this how would our Prophet(PBUH) would have… Continue reading Patience

Fatima Bint Muhammad (RA)

Fatimah RA was the youngest daughter of Prophet Muhammad SAW and his wife Khadijah RA. The Prophet SAW was reported to have said that, “The best women in the entire world are four: the Virgin Mary, Asiya the wife of Pharaoh, Khadijah Mother of the Believers, and Fatimah daughter of Muhammad.” Fatimah RA was also… Continue reading Fatima Bint Muhammad (RA)

A Muslim and a Muslim Heart

What is a Muslim? ***I have a Muslim name. My identification papers say that I'm Muslim. I obey Islamic rituals. But my habits, style of life, character, ambition and achievements are all from the material life – 95% of my efforts are focused on the material life, leaving 5% of my time for devotion. If… Continue reading A Muslim and a Muslim Heart

Chasing the wrong dreams

Have we ever wondered whether the reasons our dreams don’t come true is because we may be chasing the wrong dreams, and that the chase is backed up by the wrong guidelines? Whenever we aspire towards something, and whenever we achieve something in life, we feel as if a fundamental need has been fulfilled. We… Continue reading Chasing the wrong dreams

Arrogance

Once a person has cultivated envy and arrogance in his personality, the next in the sequence is arrogance. This arrogance is manifested by arrogance towards others, and ultimately, arrogance towards Allah. When someone asked Rasulullah SAW what arrogance meant, he replied: “Arrogance means rejecting the truth and looking down on people.” [Sahih Muslim] Arrogance can… Continue reading Arrogance

Discontentment

No matter what you have in life, you feel that it's not enough. You want a better job, a bigger house and more cars. Your spouse is not beautiful enough, and you only have two children whereas your friends have three or four. You are pretty but not as pretty as your cousin. Discontentment is… Continue reading Discontentment

Envy

Envy is the biggest cause of mankind's downfall throughout history. When one nurtures discontentment, that feeling will eventually lead to hatred and jealousy to those perceived to be better then they are – whether in accomplishment, beauty, status, riches or even number of children. It is the worst characteristic to have, because this emotion can… Continue reading Envy

Fear of the Unknown

Human beings, by nature, are scared of anything unknown. The unknown makes us uneasy and anxious. If you go into a dark room and you can't see what's inside, you are fearful. If you are driving on an unknown road and the signboard at the junction is missing, you feel lost and nervous. If you… Continue reading Fear of the Unknown

Why we need God

Why do we need the Creator in our lives? If you are reading this, then it means that you are a seeker for the truth. Many people question whether there is indeed a Creator. And if there is, then how do we know that the Creator exists? If you are wondering this, then think of… Continue reading Why we need God